At first, you may believe that you could save money if you purchase your jewelries from Los Angeles jewelers. However, if you take some time to think carefully, the small jewelry shops do not buy on wholesale volume therefore their profit margin is very high compared to merchants who buy their supplies on bulk. You will surely notice a major difference on price especially if you spend time comparing prices on some of the several thousands of stores along the streets of jewelry district of Los Angeles. Surely, you would save other valuable resources such as gas and time if you just purchase the jewelry that you want from the shop near where you parked your car. However, you could save more and experience great deals if you shop in Los Angeles jewelry district. Hundreds of dollars could be saved from your budget especially if you use cash in paying the transaction. If you know how to haggle or ask for discount, you could save even more because the fierce competition among the stores could play well into your hands. If that is the case, then why not grab this wonderful opportunity? The savings that you can get from purchasing items on jewelry district Los Angeles are either intangible or tangible, or both.
There are thousands of jewelry shops located in jewelry district in Los Angeles. It means that shoppers can easily hop from one jewelry store to another as fast as they can in just a span of one day. Moreover, because these shops are situated next to each other, you can save more time compared to other shops that are spaced apart from one another. Plus, the numerous designs available on the shops can give shoppers like you to locate the jewelry pieces that you are searching for without sweating much.
If you consider price as a main issue, shopping around out of the thousands of jewelry stores in Los Angeles is definitely a wise decision. The regular shoppers have proven through their experience that the prices on different jewelry shops are not the same for the same item. By comparing the prices of the jewelries, you will find out which store offer the price that your budget can give you. If you think that you have enough patience and time to hop form one shop to another, you would surely have the greatest chance on landing a great deal on your jewelry purchase. The magnificent weather that Los Angeles has is something that regular customers also talk about. A shopper like only need the warmth of the sun to enjoy wonderful shopping adventure with your friends and loved ones and begin the hunt for the jewelry in Los Angeles jewelry district.
Being able to tell the difference between one kind of product offer and another is a good skill to have especially if you spend most of your time shopping online. Not only will it help you save lots and lots of money, it will keep you from being tricked by those who are only out to get you for your money. Earning money these days is not easy so it should follow that you put a lot of thinking into spending it, otherwise you might just find yourself penniless in no time at all. Say for example you are shopping for a new watch. Take the time to sift through the differences between new and used Rolex prices such as those found in Time and Gems. This way you will have a clear view of your options and you can decide with the utmost confidence. Remember, knowledge is power so use the Internet to your advantage and do some research. Good luck!
The 2010-2011 NBA Championship will start Tuesday May 31, 2011 between the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. Many Heat fans have been waiting for this day since the team acquired Lebron James and Chris Bosh. These two Superstar basketball players along side the Heat’s own Superstar Dwyane Wade, have been dubbed as The Big Three. They have been in the media’s eye due to their extravagant acts from the beginning of the season until now.
It all started with Lebron James’ hour-long special “The Decision”, where he announced that he was “moving his talents down to South Beach”. Lebron’s actions have been criticized by many as arrogant and self-centered. This attracted many to not only become Lebron haters; but Heat haters as well. The playoffs have turned into the Heat show; where half of the fans just want to see the Heat lose and the other half wants them to win.
After fan-favorite teams such as the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics have been eliminated all eyes are on The Big Three and the rest of the Miami Heat. Many feel like Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks as the last hope of stopping the Miami Heat from winning the NBA Championship. These two teams faced each other in the Championship series in 2006; so this is Dallas’ time to win the rematch.Read More»
Warning: Avoid While Drunk
People drink for many reasons. Stress busting is right up at the top of the list. With the job market being what it is, you have about a one-in-ten chance of being unemployed, meaning that you have too much time on your hands and lots of stress to deal with. Loosening of inhibitions has always been a popular reason to drink, and that’s where people get themselves in trouble. Things that seem like a good idea when hammered… usually aren’t.
• DON’T cut your own hair. Even if you’re unemployed and you think it’ll save money. This one isn’t even a good idea when you’re sober. You might think you know how to do it, but believe it— you don’t. Take it from someone who knows. You do not want to wind up shaving your head and starting over, and that can be the end result.
• DON’T engage in feats of strength. This can mean arm-wrestling, tearing phone books in half, bending skillets, breaking concrete blocks or wrasslin’ other drunks. Dude, you can’t bench-press 300 lbs. Maybe that other guy can, but you can’t. Don’t do something that’s going to wind up with you in the emergency room just because you’re liquored up.
• DON’T get tattooed. If you’re going to get tattooed, get it done when you’re sober and have your wits about you. Even if you are tattooed already, getting one when you’ve been drinking isn’t a good idea because you’re likelier to get some stupid like Yosemite Sam or sailor design off the shop’s flash sheet since your judgment’s down. Plus you’re likelier to bleed like a stuck pig while you’re under the gun. For a lot of the shops, this is a no-go. They will not work on you if they even suspect that you’ve been drinking.
• DON’T email your boss. Even if you don’t have any issues with him. It’s just not smart.
• DON’T DRIVE. DON’T DRIVE— DO NOT DRIVE. Nobody should even have to tell you this.
• DON’T ask the band if you can sit in. They won’t appreciate it, and they probably won’t let you. If they do, they, you and everyone in the crowd will wish they hadn’t.
• DON’T mouth off to a cop, even if he deserves it. Don’t joke around with them, either. Matter of fact, just don’t talk to cops at all if you’re loaded. The cop might just decide that you’re a candidate for a public intoxication charge and your evening might not end well at all.
• DON’T order stuff off the TV. No, you don’t really need GIRLS GONE WILD IV. Save your money, you might need it if you become part of the 10 per cent that’s without a job.
• DON’T have another beer when you get home. Yeah, it seems like a good idea, what can one more beer hurt, right? Well, it isn’t. You’re better off chugging some water when you get home, so you can head off the dehydration part of the next day’s hangover.
For more articles about entertaining news and much more please visit the Entertainment section on GKMen.Read More»
One of the most famous directors working today, Quentin Tarantino, is known for making movies which feature great dialogue, lots of violence and a distinct style. His film style has been coined “Tarantinoesque,” describing anything reminiscent of one of his top films, has even found its way into the general vernacular. The former video store clerk is lauded for his writing skills and homage to cult films and genres. Below is the top ten picks from the Tarantino compilation of movies he directed, produced, appeared in, and/or took inspiration from.
1. Pulp Fiction
Pulp Fiction tells three interwoven tales of seedy Los Angeles. There’s robbery, hit men, drugs, overdoses, murder, rape, and wit. It’s a film bursting with irrelevance that somehow managed to start a revolution in the film industry.
2. Inglorious Basterds
This World War II Western doubles as Tarantino’s epic love letter to cinema. The plot centers around two revenge plots against the Nazis, there’s the “Basterds,” a group of American-Jewish soldiers in the killing Nazi business, and cinema-owner Shosanna Dreyfus. The film is tense, graphic and somehow, very comedic.
3. Kill Bill, Vol. 1 and 2
Filmed as one movie but released in two volumes, Kill Bill is a movie that’s just as precise, brash, and aggressive as the main character’s plan for revenge. Tarantino has stated that he’d like it to be his franchise, where he’ll release a new one every decade or so. He’s on the right path as the next on is scheduled for release in 2014.
4. Rio Bravo
Paced slower than most movies released today, Rio Bravo is a character-driven Western starring John Wayne, Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson. More than that though, it’s an under-rated masterpiece that is fantastic for its unabashed mythologizing of the West.
5. Jackie Brown
This film is often referred to as Tarantino’s most mature work. It’s accused of having no humor. Nonetheless, this adaptation of an Elmore Leonard novel follows flight attendant Jackie Brown as she attempts to steal half a million dollars right under the nose of an arms dealer and the police.
6. Reservoir Dogs
This crime drama, which put Tarantino on the map, follows the surprisingly intellectual characters in a crime gang. It’s a violent, non-linear movie that works just as well as a character ensemble. Reservoir Dogs is a “cops and robbers” flick that achieves more than most other films in the genre.
This nihilistic road movie sparked the infamous French New Wave style. The plot revolves around a criminal running away from the cops and looking for an American girl. There’s nerding out over movies, rockabilly, and comic books, but the film never ceases to be cool.
8. From Dusk ‘Till Dawn
Back in ’96, Tarantino accomplished something that seems impossible today— he helped make a vampire movie actually worth watching. Starring George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino himself, this film follows two fugitive brothers in a Mexican town where the crooks turn out to be vampires. The result is almost two hours of pure fun.
One of the director’s favorite grindhouse films, Suspiria is an over-the-top, lush nightmare committed to film and backed by a killer soundtrack. The many quiet, tense, and graphic murder scenes only contribute to the general senselessness.
10. Sukiyaki Western Django
Tarantino plays a gunslinger in this ambitious though not wholly successful Japanese remake of Django (itself a remake of Yojimbo), which pairs philosophizing with slapstick. The hefty dialogue is mumbled with heavily accented English. The film is entertaining and visually striking even if certain aspects lag behind.Read More»
Happy Wife, Happy Life
Mother-in-law jokes have become cliché. It is common hear an insult hurled her way by comedians, sitcom characters and email forwards. Why the animosity? Is it as bad as it is made out to be, or is this harmless entertainment for the masses? Well, it depends on who you ask. After all, there is most likely a seed of truth in the stereotypical relationship with the in laws.
Mother-in-laws typically bear the brunt of this verbal abuse. The jokes, the snide comments and overall disdain seem to be just part of marriage in the eyes of some. In reality, though, your mother-in-law can be your best ally. If you stand on her good side, you are positioning yourself for a strong and healthy relationship with the entire family, as other members tend to take their cue from the matronly figures in the family.
It is always fairly obvious where you stand with you mother-in-law. Do you get favorable treatment or is hardly a word of kindness uttered your way? Strive to mend any differences you may have with her. Of course, there are limits. If she is just bitter by nature, it may be best to cut your losses and only deal with those family members you actually have a shot at building a relationship with. If you put too much pressure on any relationship, you will only add to the strain and the problem.
Staying right with your father-in-law is also a great strategy for a happy home life. Not only can he help you with any mother-in-law problems, but he is an integral part of the family. His respect is worth any extra effort you must exert to gain it. Some father-in-laws are very easy to read. You know exactly where you stand. For others, it may take some time to determine his true feelings. Be true to yourself and your spouse and foster a loving relationship with all in your family.
Your in-laws don’t stop with your spouse’s parents. You may also have to contend with your partner’s siblings. They are often a great source of information. They will let you know what your mother-in-law and father-in-law are thinking. Having a great relationship with the ones your spouse cherishes will put you on everybody’s good side.
Always know where you stand in the family. Act accordingly. If there is tension in the relationship with any in-law, do not do anything to exacerbate it. Repair it if possible. If there is no chance of a truce, remain respectful. Adding insult to injury will not get you anywhere but in the dog house. Remember, this is your spouse’s family, not a bunch of strangers you won’t be seeing again. Take the high road and always aim to walk on the good side of those in your family.Read More»
Tips That Will Get You Laid
Okay, now first off, you need to realize that sex on a first date isn’t always a great idea. It’s the wild card in the deck. Things might come to a point where you really enjoy each others company and are attracted to each other sexually, and it seems like a good idea. If that’s the case, you’ll both know. But… that can backfire in a number of different ways. She may wake up feeling used or may feel really awkward about it the next day.
There may also be societal pressures or other factors that can step in and screw things up for you both, either way it probably will get messed up. Or on the other hand, if you’re part of a lucky few, it may go great and may be a first step to a relationship. Honestly, there’s no telling, especially since you probably don’t know each other all that well yet. Or maybe nothing will happen as she may not want to or not feel comfortable with it. If that’s the case, again, you’ll know, and don’t press the issue.
• Be yourself. Don’t try to be the kind of guy that you somehow think she’s looking for. If you’ve got a fixation on Coltrane or Conway Twitty, cats or camels, cowgirls or car accessories, just put it out there. The kind of women you want are looking for a guy who’s interesting and has some eccentricities, not the average Joe with average vanilla tastes and interests. Just keep some things close to the vest…like if you’ve got a huge gun collection, you should probably keep that to yourself for awhile.
• Play hard to get. Women like a guy who’s self-possessed and confident (but not arrogant or self-absorbed— there’s a difference, and you should get to know it). Don’t act aloof, but don’t act like you’re desperate to land her in the sack, either.
• Make her feel appreciated. Give her a friendly hug at the beginning of the date (not a masher-and-grabber, just a friendly embrace) to break down physical barriers. Tell her how great she looks. Help her out of her coat, pull the chair out for her, open doors for her. It might seem old-fashioned but that kind of stuff still goes a long way.
• Be prepared. If you think there’s a chance you can wind up back at your place, make sure you’ve got fresh sheets with no bits or debris in ‘em, and make sure your smelly socks or dirty underwear are picked up and out of sight (at least). If it’s the her place/your place dilemma, follow your gut. You’ll know.
• Make her feel comfortable around you. Be casual. Be appreciative. Be the kind of guy that women want to be around.
All that having been said, tread carefully and be very sure that this is something you want to do. Especially if you think she might be a candidate for a longer-term relationship. This is something that can screw up a good thing very quickly, and you need to carefully weigh whether it’s worth the risk or whether you’d both be better off holding out for that sort of gratification.Read More»